My Monterey
jherring1

214 FS Listing to Port

Hi everyone, 
I have a 2005 Monterey 214 FS.Merc 4.3L 220 HP. 

My issue is that my boat list (leans) to PORT while docked. It's approximately 2-3 inches lower in the water on PORT vs STARBOARD. The water line is above the bottom paint on the PORT side. 

I am trying to determine if this is normal or something else that might be causing it? 

Here is some additional information: 

• The Gas Tank is 3/4 full, approx 45 gallons (thats around 250lbs extra weight I believe). My understanding is that the gas tank is centered on the boat, so it would be odd if this was the issue. 
  • There is no water in the bilge and no other visible water in the hull/hatches etc
  • I washed the boat hatches (the two front bow storage lockers) thoroughly the other day. I also watched the ski locker. I ASSUME this water drains to the bilge? Could the water be trapped?
  • The battery is on PORT, maybe this is the cause? 
  • The I/O isn't touching the ground nor am I hitting bottom

Does anyone here have a 214 FS and have the same issue? Any other thoughts or information would be helpful. 

I attached a picture below. If you zoom in you can see the bottom paint and the water line. 

Thank you!!!

IMG_2523.jpeg

That isn't much of a list but it would bother me as well.  A current hitting from the side can do that but it obviously wouldn't always occur on the same side.

One time I knew a fellow boater that had some electronics added to their boat which required a sensor mounted on the transom (to one side).  The sensor wasn't sealed properly allowing water to seep  into the hull under the deck where it cannot be seen.  It created a list.  Have you recently had any work done involving your hull?

Jim