My Monterey
mhovey

Reverse Polarity light on one shore power inlet - 2007 250cr

On a 250cr where only one inlet can be active at a time, using the same cable from the shore pedestal, Shore Power 1 tests fine, but on Shore Power 2 the Reverse Polarity light comes on. Could this mean a problem with the Shore Power 2 inlet? I'm relatively new and there's a lot I don't understand, so any help is appreciated.

I have an older version of that boat, 245CR.   Normally i don't have a reverse polarity issue unless water has gotten between the extension cord plug connection that I use.  This doesn't sound like your case since you are using the same cord and shore power pedestal.   Like you said, it could be a problem with the Shore Power 2 connection.    Make sure the connection is not wet or dirty.  Beyond that, maybe try powering on the components one by one on shore power 2 and see if anything trips a breaker.

It sounds as though a previous owner had some work done either at the L2 receptacle, main breaker, or at the breaker to panel connection. The hot and neutral could have been reversed at one of those points while replacing a bad component. Have an electrician check those areas.