My Monterey
chriskal

Chain Length-328ss

I have a 2013 328SS with a windlass and chain + rope rode. I’m trying to figure out the length of chain  on that combo as it will be a point of reference for how much rode is out when anchoring.  I am striking out with google. Does anyone know the specs for that combo please?

Pull it out of the locker and measure the length. I have a 242 CR and I put 50 feet of 1/4" attached to 200 feet of rode with a Bruce anchor. I think it's 22 or 25 lb anchor but I forget and would have to go to the boat to check. I did have 25' of chain when I got the boat and added another 25'. I wanted the extra chain laying down on the bottom so the anchor pulls more into the bottom.

I also put tags on the chain & rode to see how many feet I'l playing out and that works well. I bought the tags and they are different colors so you know about what feet area you are in because the chain and rode payout pretty fast.

I have a  278SS and the chain seems to be 35 feet long.  I measured by my stride, so its approximate.

I feel this is a good length. How much and what type of rode do you have attached to it and what type of anchor do you have? Do you have a lot of tide depth change or a lot of winds?

We get a lot of wind here in the NW and 12' or more tides at tide change, sometimes a little more and other times a little less but I figure 12'. That's why I have 50' of chain so it lays flat and pulls that anchor into the sand/mud and digs in deeper when the wind really picks up. 15 to 20 knots during the day with 30 to 35 knot gusts.