My Monterey
Crazy Diamond

Battery Problem

I had my 2018 335SY for 3 seasons. The house battery goes dead every year and will not hold a charge. The batteries show a full charge and goes to full discharge as soon as a load is placed on the battery. I've replaced 3 house batteries already.

I'm using GelTech 700MCA/505CCA 88A.H batteries. This problem only affects the house battery. Unfortunately, the generator battery is connected to the same switch in the panel and therefore goes dead also. That battery seems to accept a charge and has not given me problems.

Does anyone have similar problems and any suggestions or comments on what may be the cause? 

88ah doesn't sound like a lot of reserve. My refrigerator would drain that battery before the night is over. Is this a car battery you're using? I've never heard of GelTech. I use Trojan deep cycle, two for house and an Interstate starting battery and all three are 4 years old and going strong. I was told by a person that works in a battery factory that the Interstate's have one more plate than other batteries. Now that I've typed that they will all go flat!!

There has to be something that is drawing your house battery down. Refrigerator, stereo left on or some electronics left on without you knowing or remembering you didn't shut something off?