My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
2002 262 So Cal

Prop and RPM for 02 262

I recently purchased a 2002 262 and I am just getting used to it (coming from 18' center console), lots of fun, love the room...

My question is on the prop and rpms. I don't think my prop is stock, it is possible someone switched props on me while boat was in storage before I bought it...can someone tell me if I can check for prop size if my rpm's are reading but my speedo is not?

So far I have only been up to 4300 RPMs

2002 262, 5.7 Volvo Penta Gi, Duo prop

Southern California

Thank you for the reply, I went out Saturday and in good conditions I was able to get 4500 rpms but no more, I hit the wall at 4500, do you think I am where I should be, I would have liked to have been able to get to 4800 or 4900...

Again, it depends on what props you are running and the ratio of your drive. You should be running a 1.95:1 ratio. If they are F4's or F5's with the 1.95:1 ratio and 250 SHP, then you are right were you are supposed to be. The speed range according to VP's prop catalog would be 37 to 44. The rpm specs are the same for the aluminum D props. D4's max out at 35 mph and D5's max out at 40 mph. And obviously your weight and how much you trim out the drive will impact your max rpm. Hope this helps.