My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
alecole

Vacuflush access on 322CR...HELP!

The circuit breaker for the Vacuflush head recently started popping on my 322. Once reset, the vacuum pump will run as normal for a minute or so and then pop the breaker again. I don't believe there is any blockage because it will flush as normal until the breaker pops so I figured it must be something with the motor/pump assembly. After about an hour or so, I finally located the vacuum generator in an a very inaccessable area, on top of the Starboard fuel tank.

My question is how do I access to this unit. I first tried the engine compartment, then looked everwhere for an access cover but could not locate. I then began removing the panel in the bed area. I then found that I needed to remove the window shade...then the light assembly...then the carpet...and I still can't get at the system. I must be missing something here because I cannot believe any boat manufacture would intentionally install a system that may need  occaisional servicing into such an innaccessably area.  HELP!!!!!!! Chris

Yo . I have a 2001 322 and there was an issue with the vacuum pump. Well the small closet to the left will have to be move forward before you will be able to remove the wall and yes its a lot of work. I spent about 8 hours between removing the closet the curteain for the small window and the rods for the curtains when you first access that cabin. I will say be very careful NOT to place anything on top of the gass tank , you do not want to drop anything behind the tank because if you do it can punncture the tank when you are on the water with the movement of the boat. I placed one of the footings for the pump on top of the tank and it rolled behind the tank and it took me a long time before I was able to fish it out, no fun and that why I say do not place anything on top of the tank that can get away from you and go behind the tank. Good luck