My Monterey
Mikvac

Underpowered

I’m looking at buying a 2014 328ss.with 350 Mags. Wondering if this is underpowered with these engines.  I love the look of the boat. Boats are kind of scarce these days and I’m looking to upgrade from my 22 ft open bow  Any help would be great thx

While boat Mfgs rarely overpower a boat (For legal reasons) they do sometimes get close to the underpowered for monetary reasons. However the power they use is always sufficient to meet industry build out requirements. The 350 Mags are good engines. I suspect they are adequate. My 282 is outfitted with 5.0L twins. I'm sure it would get on plane much faster if I put bigger engines in, but it suffices for our needs. How over/under powered a boat is really depends on each person's expectations, so take it or a similar boa,t out for a sea trial. And bear in mind that once we get into the over 30 foot class of boat none of them perform like a small ski boat. And --- it isn't all about the engines. Props come into play with boats. You either get great hole shots, really fast top end, or something in the middle. They are good boats.