My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
norap

replacement keys

do you know where i can order replacement keys for my '05 monterey 250? i've misplaced a set and it's NOT a good idea for me to have only one set :) thanks, noraP

do you know where i can order replacement keys for my '05 monterey 250? i've misplaced a set and it's NOT a good idea for me to have only one set :) thanks, noraP

You can order replacement keys or blanks for the cabin door at www.mobella.com. You will need the number if you want the key itself and not a blank, it is imprinted on the inside of the lock (in the plastic center piece). You can also have them copied at most Harley Davidson shops.

For ignition keys they can be copied at any hardware store.

I've a 2006 194FS that I bought a year ago. I got only 1 key for it but I lost it end of the season.

How/where can I order replacement keys for my boat? What informations needed (e.g. serial Nr).

Thanks a lot!

Like MOST said, ignition keys can be copied at any key shop or hardware store, same with glovebox key if you have one.

Not sure if it is standard practice, but I found the ignition and glove box keys on my 2012 224 FS are compatible. The ski locker lock is another story. Haven't found a locksmith that stocks even the blanks for them. Locksmiths will grind one out, but it is unbelievaby expensive because of the time it takes.

Any Monterey dealer can order the factory key with the logo on it, you just need the letter on the key and they can get you the replacement.

Just ordered an extra key for my cabin door lock on my 2002 262CR from mobellakeys.com. The total delivered cost for a precut replacement key was $8.98. This was not a blank because I could provide them with the 4 digit code that is on the keys that I have that came with the boat when I bought it new in 2002.

I tried unsuccessfully to get an extra key made about 4 years after locking myself out of the cabin while the boat was docked at our slip. I had to call our daughter and ask her to bring us the other set of boat keys from the house. Fortunately our home is only 30 minutes drive from our slip on Lake Michigan. I saw a post on the forum about keys replacements and a new key is on its way.