My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
The Revenge

Questions to most about my 302

Hey there. I would like to install a couple things on my 302. First a angled flag pole receptacle on top of the radar arch. Will the material on top of the arch support this without ripping through the fiberglass. Next a rod holder on either side of the gunnel. I'd like to drill a hole and drop a flush mount rod holder in. Probably right above the portable cooler area and one on the opposite side of the cockpit. On the swim platform on the rear corners I'd like to install pop up cleats for temporary or calm water tie-downs so the lines when criss crossed off the back of the boat aren't in everyones way getting off and on the boat. Any tips would help thanks.

First a angled flag pole receptacle on top of the radar arch. Will the material on top of the arch support this without ripping through the fiberglass.

How large is the flag? Do you have an idea of weight? A small one would such as a 1' x 2' or so would be fine.

Next a rod holder on either side of the gunnel. I'd like to drill a hole and drop a flush mount rod holder in. Probably right above the portable cooler area

This area of the gunnel (not directly above the ice chest) would be okay. Just remember- rod holders are designed to be open and allow water to get down into the boat.

the opposite side of the cockpit. Not a good idea on that side do to electrical components wiring in that area below.

On the swim platform on the rear corners I'd like to install pop up cleats for temporary or calm water tie-downs so the lines when criss crossed off the back of the boat aren't in everyones way getting off and on the boat. Any tips would help thanks.

The extended swim platform is not designed for holding a boat's weight- not even temporarily, you will damage it.