My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Joe 275 SS

Eng Hatch Lift

I have a Monterey 275 SS  2021.  To lift my Eng hatch I have two actuators.  One is not working, so difficult to open and close the hatch. My question is if the hatch got stuck in the closed position is there a manual release somewhere? I have had boats in the past where there was access to the ram Pins to pull them so you can manually open the hatch. I can not seem to locate an access point. Anyone know?

Thanks

Joe 275 SS - On my Monterey M3 (24') there's a rear storage compartment (for skis, etc), that has a mini-access panel that provides access to the rear of the engine compartment. If you reach through that hole, and put your arm over the exhaust tube(?), you can remove a pin.  Then, with help of 2nd guy, manually raise the hatch (we had a 6' 2"x4" lumber to support hatch once opened). Once open you can check your fluids, etc. Also, a pin holds in place the actuator (and its small motor), so you can remove that easily. Unfortunately, our actuator model is no longer produced, so we're in search of new (used) one.