My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
BLytle

Monterey 268 SS Boat Hatch Actuator

Dealer tells me there is an inline switch/ground that can cause the actuators not to work? Said it was inside the aft battery power door. I have four breaker/boot switches in there but no ground switch to be found. Where else could this inline ground switch be?

BLytle, I spoke to a mechanic or parts dept guy at Monterey last month to ask about my engine hatch not opening (no motor sound either), and he said the usual cause was the safety switch - which is activated by having the rear gate closed (on my M3) - has gone bad. We ordered a new one through local Monterey dealer and replaced it (which was easy/straightforward). That did not fix the problem though, and we went further, and used a battery tester on power lead to motor. (and checked ground lead). All worked fine, so then we knew motor was dead. I ordered (and received new one from local dealer (who got it from Monterey HQ in Fl), but that did not fix problem (it's weird though, cause now that actuator will lift the hatch, but won't let it down). In mean time, manually lift hatch (though its ~50-70 lbs) to check fluids.  [i think my next step will be to replace the switch at the helm, and hope that it's just a bad contact on that  (though that'd be weird since the motor had burned out too... at same time ?!)