My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
norm

new purchase

Recently purchased a 2003 Monterey 298 SC with 5.7 merc's (180hrs) equipped with everthing including gen set. So far very impressed with boat's performance and handling. Is their any thing that I should be aware about this particular model. I have noticed that along the arch during heavy rains the top leaks is this pretty common ? If so is there a quick fix (besides a bucket) ? Norm

Recently purchased a 2003 Monterey 298 SC with 5.7 merc's (180hrs) equipped with everthing including gen set. So far very impressed with boat's performance and handling. Is their any thing that I should be aware about this particular model. I have noticed that along the arch during heavy rains the top leaks is this pretty common ? If so is there a quick fix (besides a bucket) ? Norm

My 2005 leaked to, I ended up pulling the 5 items off the top of the arch, (sirus ant, Navman Ant, Spotlight base, Anchor light and TV ant) one at a time and sealed the bases with silicone. I pulled them off so I could get the silicone around the screw holes as well as between the component and the arch...It fixed that problem for me. I had water dripping from the access hole (square) and the port overhead light. One note: don't over tighten any of the 4 access hole screws...The white 8 inch by 8 inch Lexan piece because it will crack it. I did just that. now I am looking for a new peice of lexan to cut. No big deal but a mistake I would rather have not made.