My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Changes In Latitudes

MOST - Please help w/deck cleats

The forward cleat on my 180FS pulls completely out of the socket. Apparently the screws that mated from the underside somehow unscrewed themselves. I really need to fix the cleat before someone tries to use it one of these days and I lose it in the drink (my wife forgot the other day and almost did lose it). How do I access the underside of the cleat? Do I need to remove the bow backrest, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Hello Matt,

The bottom of the bow backrest has two tabs that unscrew. Unscrew them....the next step is the backrest is held on by upholstery clips and you will need to pull up on it to slide it out of the clips. That will enable you to reach the cleat.

Gem Products will send you a new replacemnt cleat at no charge as they do have a limited lifetime warranty.

Contact info: www.gemlux.com (go to the warranty section) or you can all 800-874-4506 and ask for warranty. Be certain to check and see if you need to send the old one to them.

I hope this helps.

Hello Matt,

The bottom of the bow backrest has two tabs that unscrew. Unscrew them....the next step is the backrest is held on by upholstery clips and you will need to pull up on it to slide it out of the clips. That will enable you to reach the cleat.

Gem Products will send you a new replacemnt cleat at no charge as they do have a limited lifetime warranty.

Contact info: www.gemlux.com (go to the warranty section) or you can all 800-874-4506 and ask for warranty. Be certain to check and see if you need to send the old one to them.

I hope this helps.

Thanks MOST! Gemlux overnighted the parts w/no questions asked. Excellent service!