My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Plucky Purcell

Question about shower sump

We just purchased our 3rd boat, a new '07 270SC. On the AC panel there's a sticker that says "Always run shower sump when operating air conditioning system." I know the shower sump is located under the steps leading to the cabin but I can't find a switch that would turn it on or off. Isn't it automatic? How do I make sure the shower sump is on so we can use the A/C? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there

Not sure if this is applicable to your 270.

Monterey did the same on my 355SY. There is no manual switch - when i operate the air con (or shower) the sump pump runs automatically (via the float switch). There is a breaker in the engine bay but this is always on (trips if there is a problem).

I questioned this during the boat "handover" with my Monterey dealer. He did an easy fix - he just removed the label!

I have a 04 298SC that has the same sticker on the breaker panel. The only shower sump switch I could locate is the actual shower sump breaker by the battery shut off switches. One way of testing the shower sump is to put water down the shower drain and listen for the pump to swith on and/or look for the water being pumped out of the side of the boat.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your replies.

LMM: Good sugestion. I had poured water into the sump to test it and the pump did come on when the float switch was activated.

Ian: If your dealer just removed the label I suppose I could manage to make that repair myself. ;)

Thanks.