My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Sunburns

2007 270CR - Inverter Location

Most:

Can you tell me where the DC to AC Inverter is located. I assume that I have an inverter since my TV only works when I engage the DC breaker into the on position. On the AC panel, there is another breaker labeled TV but the TV does not work when the AC breaker is on but DC is off....

Is this correct??

Thanks,

Ken

Mine is an 04 265 so may well be a different configuration but my TV is both AC & DC and seems to work best (only) in the DC mode.

There is a cigarette lighter adapter and a 110 plug which are both inserted into different appropriate outlets.

No inverter on this one.

I have a 2007 270CR as well, and you are correct - the TV only works DC. If you look carefully at the Galley area, you an see that it was designed for an older CRT style TV, and when they switched to the flat panel, they changed it so there is that awkward, deep and narrow compartment above the sink. There is an AC outlet in the back of that opening - the switch for that AC outlet is on the AC breaker panel labeled TV. When my dealer gave me my "boat bag" (the Monterey pouch with all the documentation), the guy doing the delivery told me there was a manual for an inverter, but he didn't think there was an inverter on the boat - I asked him to leave the manual there anyway just in case, and later I found the inverter. It is directly behind the flat panel TV, and you can access it by removing a panel in that little compartment above the sink. It is a small inverter, and the sole purpose is to power the TV.

Hope that helps. I would like to add a larger inverter to my boat, but haven't done the research to figure out the best way to do it yet. Anyone with any advice would be welcome to add some information...

Thank you for the information...over the weekend i did find out about the outlet in that cubby hole that is hooked to the AC TV breaker as i was using a night light to test the outlets....

As for the Inverter.....how do you access the panel to see the inverter??

Also....My TV reception is horrible....A friend told me about hooking up the digital converter and when they did this, they started receiving about 20 different channels from just their standard TV antenna. I will be getting one as soon as i receive my $40 US Govt voucher to purchase one.

Do you also have the A/B switch located in that cubby hole behind the sink??

I never got any instructions on how this was hooked up..... There is a black cable and 2 white cables hooked into this A/B switch.

Any idea on how/what is hooked up??

Thanks

Ken

As I recall, if you take off the A/B switch, you will see the screws for the acess panel - you need a short handled screwdriver. I think the A/B switch has one input wire and two output wires. The input is connected to your antenna on the arch via an amplifier that I will discuss in a minute. The two outputs go to the TV, and to the DVD player, which also has a digital TV Tuner on it. You can use the DVD player to tune the TV instead of the tuner on the LCD panel.

As far as the signal goes, I also had a very weak signal. I complained repeatedly to the dealer, and eventually they replaced a signal amplifier (I think that is what it is) and that fixed the problem - I have great reception now. The part they replaced is on the Starboard side in the engine compartment - you will have to get down low in the compartment to see it - you can tell what it is because it has a coax cable going to it that looks just like the wires connected to the back of the A/B switch.

I hope that helps.