My Monterey
skipper h

extended swim platform

I currently have a 1998 Monterey 242 Cruiser. I'm interested in adding the extended swim platform. My Monterey dealer had one but before I could purchase it they closed their doors. Has anyone purchased one from swimplatforms.com? I have seen the platform on later 242's and I was wondering how I would go about purchasing one from Monterey? And if any additional reinforcement was needed in the transome?

I currently have a 1998 Monterey 242 Cruiser. I'm interested in adding the extended swim platform. My Monterey dealer had one but before I could purchase it they closed their doors. Has anyone purchased one from swimplatforms.com? I have seen the platform on later 242's and I was wondering how I would go about purchasing one from Monterey? And if any additional reinforcement was needed in the transome?

I had a plaform installed for my 2001 Explorer 240 from swimplatforms.com last year. Looks great! I had it shipped directly to the marina where it was installed. They didn't have a template on file, so I had to make one for them.

No extra transom reinforcement was needed since the boat was designed with platforms in mind.

Monterey stopped making platforms for my boat a couple of years ago. They recommended swimplatforms.com.

I removed my extra platform ladder and ebayed it for $65.

One thing to consider if you potentially will be adding power trim tabs: give enough room for the trim tabs when attaching the platform support rods.

Hello Hermosa,

Many people have had success with www.swimplatforms.com as they copy our design as well as many other manufacturers. So far...nothing negative. It is not an actual recommendation that you use them, it is quite simply "word of mouth".

You can also check with your dealer, local marina or research the internet.