My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
drusus

Adding dual batteries

I recently bought a '04 Monterey 228 SI in Dallas, TX. I wanted to know if it was possible to add dual batteries and make it look factory (i.e. install factory parts). The dealer here is small and doesn't seem to be much help. If it is possible does anyone know the part numbers and where I can purchase them? Also does anyone have a wiring diagram or instructions? If not has anyone done this with aftermarket parts? I just don't like the idea of being on the far end of the lake and finding out that the battery went dead. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I recently retired while working for a marine electronics company.I have been an industrial Maintenance Mechanic for 45 years.I can tell you that  company tested batteries and developed multistage charging system for all sizes of boats and sold systems for large battery banks in large boats. They developed a charging system that can be linked to your cell phone so you can actually check your batteries condition remotely.They devoted a lot of time to develop these systems.They also have a large catalog of marine products.The Companies name is CDI Electronics located in Huntsville Alabama Phone # (256) 77-23829 I am sure they have what you need. Good Luck !