My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
timh8000

298 ss cockpit table

Has anyone figured out how to add a small cockpit table in front of the back seat on a 298 ss. Ideally, I would like to avoid drilling/cutting and just use the existing hole where there is a latch to open and close/lock the storage under the drivers side. The only problem with replacing the latch is that a simple table base won't keep the storage area locked down.

Any thoughts?

Has anyone figured out how to add a small cockpit table in front of the back seat on a 298 ss. Ideally, I would like to avoid drilling/cutting and just use the existing hole where there is a latch to open and close/lock the storage under the drivers side. The only problem with replacing the latch is that a simple table base won't keep the storage area locked down.

Any thoughts?

I just bought an 03 298 SS and I'm also interested in installing a table. any suggestions from MOST or anyone else? Thanks!

<!--quoteo(post=1081:date=Aug 3 2008, 10:08 PM:name=timh8000)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(timh8000 @ Aug 3 2008, 10:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1081"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Has anyone figured out how to add a small cockpit table in front of the back seat on a 298 ss. Ideally, I would like to avoid drilling/cutting and just use the existing hole where there is a latch to open and close/lock the storage under the drivers side. The only problem with replacing the latch is that a simple table base won't keep the storage area locked down.

Any thoughts?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I just bought an 03 298 SS and I'm also interested in installing a table. any suggestions from MOST or anyone else? Thanks!

I found a spot to install the table. You need to put the pole in the aft starboard part of the boat AND you need a pole that bends at a 90 degree angle to support the table (this allows for the pole to be pretty much out of the way of people sitting). Watch placement so that you can open the rear seat for access to the cooler.

Old thread, but since I will be adding a table to our new 204FS, here is what I am getting.

75359_2_0.jpg

Factory table is round, and I prefer the oval table. Factory set up is $450, this one is only

$258 complete.