My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Changes In Latitudes

Second Cover on top of Mooring Cover?

This is probably a silly question, but....

My boat has it's custom fit mooring cover with the bow portion velcro-ing to the cockpit portion at the walk-thru windshield. I trailer my boat, and it spends a decent amount of time in my driveway where debris (and my cats) get through the cover at the velcro point. Also, the cover is yellow and is fading due to sun exposure. So, to preserve the cleanliness of my Monterey 180, and preserve the mooring cover, is it okay / advisable to put a larger boat cover over the mooring cover while she sits in my driveway? Would I have problems with moisture getting trapped between the two? I'm tempted to buy one of those $100 loose fit covers whose straps reach down and attach to the trailer. And if I were to do this, what do you do with the bimini? Lay her flat and put the cover on?

Your thoughts / recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

I have a bimini top as well as a winter cover what I do is put the bimini cover in my shop to dry and put the winter cover to keep out all the leaves and the neighbuors cats !!

This is probably a silly question, but....

My boat has it's custom fit mooring cover with the bow portion velcro-ing to the cockpit portion at the walk-thru windshield. I trailer my boat, and it spends a decent amount of time in my driveway where debris (and my cats) get through the cover at the velcro point. Also, the cover is yellow and is fading due to sun exposure. So, to preserve the cleanliness of my Monterey 180, and preserve the mooring cover, is it okay / advisable to put a larger boat cover over the mooring cover while she sits in my driveway? Would I have problems with moisture getting trapped between the two? I'm tempted to buy one of those $100 loose fit covers whose straps reach down and attach to the trailer. And if I were to do this, what do you do with the bimini? Lay her flat and put the cover on?

Your thoughts / recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

You might be right about a moisture issue,although I'm no expert. If you get a full boat cover I would leave the other covers off. If you buy a cover that is suitable for winter storage, you can kill two birds with one stone...... Tom