My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
pbaca89

Cockpit Icebox 262cr 2000

Does anyone have the specs for the cockpit icebox for a 2000 262 cruiser. This is the one installed underneath the wetbar. The plastic frame broke and the door fell off... looks terrible now. I'd like to either replace the whole unit or convert it into a storage locker... however it depends on the price to replace and availablility.

thx,

pb

Hi: I took my "ice box" out and installed a fridge. We kept the one in the cabin for food and the new one under the wet bar for drinks. Domestic sells one that is very close to the same size as the ice box. I only had to shave off a 1/4" off of the opening. Very eazy to do. Also have to do a little wiring and add a circuit breaker. I sold the boat last last year and now have a 322 that has a ice maker. I think I would rather have a fridge. If it ever breaks I will replace it with a fridge.

Good luck

GaryBeez@aol.com

Does anyone have the specs for the cockpit icebox for a 2000 262 cruiser. This is the one installed underneath the wetbar. The plastic frame broke and the door fell off... looks terrible now. I'd like to either replace the whole unit or convert it into a storage locker... however it depends on the price to replace and availablility.

thx,

pb

I converted mine to a tackle locker the day I bought the boat orignally replacing the door with marine plywood. It removes easily with 4 screws so you should be able to take exact measurements. I will be replacing the original doors hinges with fabricated aluminum hinges during the winter lay-up.