My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
skipper h

Swim Platform

I have a 1998 Monterey 242, it has 147 hrs on it. I have seen some 242's that came with the factory extended swim platforms. I want to know if there is any factory ones available? I have checked with swimplatforms.com, but I don't like the swim ladder setup. It looks like a add on. The factory ones have a hidden ladder locker, thats what i'm looking for.

While I'm here I'll make a suggestion about a few things I had to correct on my boat, The anchor locker would always fill up with water, and the carpet was always wet, after investigating i noticed a rubber flap stapled over the drain hole, blocking the hole so water couldn't drain, after pulling it out and putting a stainless vent over the hole on the outside, no more water. Another thing was the fauset in the galley, the water spigot didn't hang over the sink far enough and water was always on the counter. I went to Home Depot and matched up the fauset with a different angle on the spigot and now it is more in the center of the sink, and a little taller ($19.99) no more water on the counter.

Hello Skipper H,

The extended swim platform is no longer available from the factory (the mold quite simply wore out). Perhaps if you contact swimplatforms.com with your suggestion they might accommodate your request.

As for the anchor locker drain being stapled shut, that is a mystery. It might have been done by a previous owner not realizing the purpose of the opening.

Good suggestion on the sink faucet retro fit (the selections of marine hardware were a bit more limited in 1998)!

The anchor locker would always fill up with water, and the carpet was always wet, after investigating i noticed a rubber flap stapled over the drain hole, blocking the hole so water couldn't drain,

Does the rubber flap look anything like this?

img_0014.jpg

This is on my 2000 262CR. It's not blocking the drain hole, at least not completely since the water does drain, but I've been wondering why it is there.

/politby

Does the rubber flap look anything like this?

img_0014.jpg

This is on my 2000 262CR. It's not blocking the drain hole, at least not completely since the water does drain, but I've been wondering why it is there.

/politby

Yep thats it, take the screws out and throw the flap away, and put a small clamsheel on the outside with the opening facing aft and no more problem.