My Monterey
wkussmaul

City Water hookup: ?doesn't work

Hello fellow Montery boaters,

Hope you're enjoying your rides as much as I am (on the northern Chesapeake).

Question:

When connected to "city water" at a slip, my fresh water faucets still seem to be supplied from my storage tank, which in fact ran dry the last time I did this. Am I hooking something up wrong, or is there a valve I need to engage?

Thanks.

Hello fellow Montery boaters,

Hope you're enjoying your rides as much as I am (on the northern Chesapeake).

Question:

When connected to "city water" at a slip, my fresh water faucets still seem to be supplied from my storage tank, which in fact ran dry the last time I did this. Am I hooking something up wrong, or is there a valve I need to engage?

Thanks.

Hi Neighbor,

We have a Monterey 270 and dock at Portsmouth. I don't know what length you have, but on the 270, the city water goes through a regulating valve to step pressure down from city water pressure to a pressure the boat can handle. This is an automatic function. There is no need to line anything else up. Just hook the hose to the city water connection and make sure the valve on the pier is full open. One word of caution...always turn the city water off (or disconnect it) if you are leaving the boat for any length of time. If your pot water system developes a leak with city water hooked up and pressurized, you have an infinite amount of water to sink your boat.

The only things I can suggest is to make sure you have good flow from the city water hose, make sure that the hose supplying city water is not kinked or having it's flow restricted. If all that fails...call Monterey.

Good Luck.