My Monterey
politby

MOST - 2000 262CR Instrument Panel

Greetings,

I realize this is a very long shot but is there a way to get hold of a new instrument panel for a 2000 262 Cruiser? Maybe someone has one lying around.

The previous owner did a very nice modification to integrate a chartplotter display which I am now replacing with a more modern model. Rather than modifying the modded panel I thought I'd replace it entirely since the lettering is a bit worn.

thanks

/politby

Hello Politby,

The original dash panel is no longer available from the vendor. Unlike the automotive industry, most "custom" or manufacturer specific marine parts are obtainable approximately 5 years beyond their status as a current production model.

There are aftermarket companies that specialize in custom panel work of all types. You might want to just redo the lettering on your existing panel. Check with your local marina, Monterey dealer or custom auto detailer also. There is a company called Team Marine that does this type of work (we do not recommend them in any way- it is quite simply "word of mouth" from other boat owners) and their contact info is 877-44-PANELS, 608-525-8326 or on line at www.teammarine.net .

If you go with a "do it yourself" plan, be sure to remember to use stainless screws and not to overtighten them. The panel might crack.

Did you finish the windlass install? How did it come out? Tom

Nah, not done yet. Too much other stuff to take care of during the winter. And the storage facility where I keep the boat is nice and dry but not heated so I haven't felt up to working on the boat in freezing temperatures. :)

I plan to complete it in April. I will post some pictures when I'm done.

/politby