My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Larryd

bottom coat for scr280

I`m trying to calculated where the water line is on this boat ....my marine friends say that i have to load the boat up and mark with crayon where the line is ....there has got to be a more scientific calculation like figuring out displacement etc ...maybe the `most` could get back to me thks

Larry,

what anty-fouling bottom coat are you using, ablative or hard paint/make. I am faced with the same question next spring.(Lake Huron).

John.

I`m trying to calculated where the water line is on this boat ....my marine friends say that i have to load the boat up and mark with crayon where the line is ....there has got to be a more scientific calculation like figuring out displacement etc ...maybe the `most` could get back to me thks

hi John havent figured it out yet but I looked at some boat pics and might just have to do it myself as maybe noone at monterey can figure it out yet....i`m using interlux micron bottom coat 5-6 coats alternating colors and interlux micron csc 2-3 coats this is ablative type and surprise ! I got someone at Whity marine to do it for me spring 2009 ...rgds larry

hi John havent figured it out yet but I looked at some boat pics and might just have to do it myself as maybe noone at monterey can figure it out yet....i`m using interlux micron bottom coat 5-6 coats alternating colors and interlux micron csc 2-3 coats this is ablative type and surprise ! I got someone at Whity marine to do it for me spring 2009 ...rgds larry

Hi Larry,--------my Dealer quoted: > Barrier Coat VC Tar2;

: > Anty Fouling VC17m:

:>> $ 125/ft 28/ft= $ 3.500 installed to the guidelines of Monterey Warranty.

READ Monterey : FIVE-YEAR LIMITED HULL BLISTER WARRANTY.

Just load the boat on the water, leave it there for a week, haul it and you will see where the water-line is, it will be very visible.

yes that`s what my dealer told me to do and few other old salts at the marine but cant find any volunteers to stand in boat for weeks time very scientific..