My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Lake Mead Monster

Best Amplifier Location on my 2004 298SC

My 2004 298SC did not come with the ugraded sound system so I installed a Kenwood KDC-232MR receiver (plus Sirius) along with Infinity 602 speakers (two in galley and two up top, none on radar arch). I'm still not satisfied with the sound and considering installing an amplifier and possibly a subwoofer.

Here are some questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me.

1. Where is the best place to install the amplifier? Where does Monterey install the amplifier(s) with the upgraded sound system?

2. Where is the best place to install a subwoofer? Again, where does Monterey install the subwoofer on the upgraded sound systems.

Thanks in advance for your help.

My 2004 298SC did not come with the ugraded sound system so I installed a Kenwood KDC-232MR receiver (plus Sirius) along with Infinity 602 speakers (two in galley and two up top, none on radar arch). I'm still not satisfied with the sound and considering installing an amplifier and possibly a subwoofer.

Here are some questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me.

1. Where is the best place to install the amplifier? Where does Monterey install the amplifier(s) with the upgraded sound system?

2. Where is the best place to install a subwoofer? Again, where does Monterey install the subwoofer on the upgraded sound systems.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I also have a 298SC and would like to upgrade the sound system looking forward to this answer also perhaps behind TV for amp and under driver/rear seat cut a hole in storage compartment ?? for sub ??

I have a 03 298sc that I purchase over the summer. The previous owner installed two amplifiers under the helm/instrument cluster. Access is located by raising the helm seat. At very front of the under floor storage is a plastic access panel. Remove the panel and locate the amps on the floor. His selection of location is great idea, however, he did not mount the amps. Therefore they are sliding around on top of the wires. He is lucky not to have chaffed the -4 power wire.

Lake Mead Monster... I grew up boating on Lake Mead and keep the new boat in storage up there most of the summer. We should meet up on the lake. I can be contacted at turbobug56@yahoo.com.

Scott