My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Salvation Summer

Hello! New Monterey Owner

Or I should say soon to be.....

I just ordered a 2009 260SCR which is now being produced! I cant wait for it to arrive & the warm weather to hit here in NJ.

I've been boating since I'm 13 years old. My family has had many many boats throughout the years which I've always operated but this will be MY first boat (Im 32 now).

Options I went with:

• Merc 300HP 350MAG w/ Bravo III
  • Radar Arch
  • AC w/reverse heat
  • Prewired for windlass
  • Cockpit carpet
  • Sold Dinette Table
  • 15" Flat Panel TV
  • Sun Island Seating
  • Cockpit Cover
  • Remote Control Spotlight
  • Sapphire Blue exterior color
  • Sahara Interior
Im going to do the electronics on my own once I take delivery.

Does anyone currently own this new model or have any advice for me as a new Monterey owner?

The name of the boat will be my screen name: "Salvation Summer". There is a lot of meaning behind it since I just got divorced last summer. This boat will be my new salvation come summer time. My 2 daughters are gonna LOVE IT!

My name is Lee, btw!

Or I should say soon to be.....

I just ordered a 2009 260SCR which is now being produced! I cant wait for it to arrive & the warm weather to hit here in NJ.

I've been boating since I'm 13 years old. My family has had many many boats throughout the years which I've always operated but this will be MY first boat (Im 32 now).

Options I went with:

• Merc 300HP 350MAG w/ Bravo III
  • Radar Arch
  • AC w/reverse heat
  • Prewired for windlass
  • Cockpit carpet
  • Sold Dinette Table
  • 15" Flat Panel TV
  • Sun Island Seating
  • Cockpit Cover
  • Remote Control Spotlight
  • Sapphire Blue exterior color
  • Sahara Interior
Im going to do the electronics on my own once I take delivery.

Does anyone currently own this new model or have any advice for me as a new Monterey owner?

The name of the boat will be my screen name: "Salvation Summer". There is a lot of meaning behind it since I just got divorced last summer. This boat will be my new salvation come summer time. My 2 daughters are gonna LOVE IT!

My name is Lee, btw!

hi there ,I ordered a scr 280. to arrive in May 09 at Pickering ..and someone bought a 260 at Toronto show....interested in how you would install GPS....I bought a raymarine a65 and vhf 49 to install myself too...rgds Larry

I welcome a board a have a 278sc and i recomend the norhtstar system ( old Navman), you can have the engine information ( with a cable for mpi system, the carburant system) with your radio reciving and sending from the GPS, also you have a quickly sos sending your position when conected the radio to the GPS.

Navman and Northstar have the equipment with a Smartcraft software already instaled, that´s what you have 350 Mag.

Try to see this link:

http://www.northstarnav.com/en/Products/

I have bought a 4.3 mpi seacore engine with a bravo III for my 200cc celebrity and i have a GPS instaled to the radio, i Have all engine information on the smartcraft in the GPS

Best Regards

Hope usuful information