My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Lake Mead Monster

Fresh water pump breaker keeps shutting off on my 04 298SC

I have a 2004 298SC and the circut breaker for my Jabsco fresh water pump keeps shutting off. I cleaned the strainer and it did not seem to help. It does seem to work some times but most times you need to keep resetting the breaker. Any idea on what is causing this issue and how to fix it? Seems like it could be a faulty pump or breaker but maybe there is sometihng else I am missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a 2004 298SC and the circut breaker for my Jabsco fresh water pump keeps shutting off. I cleaned the strainer and it did not seem to help. It does seem to work some times but most times you need to keep resetting the breaker. Any idea on what is causing this issue and how to fix it? Seems like it could be a faulty pump or breaker but maybe there is sometihng else I am missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there,

The circuit breaker on a boat as a proposal so if this keep happens is because there is a eletric problem maybe it kould be in overheat and before something gets really wrong it just cut off.

So go to a Monterey dealer or a professional to see it and resolve it, until you do it i recomend you not to keep turning it on.

Seen to many eletric problems get a boat on the bottom off the ocean :)

Ride with your heart

Marfi

Problem Solved!!!

I moved the pump power to a neighboring breaker and the pump ran just fine. Turns out the pump breaker was bad. Replaced the breaker and all is fine. Cheap and easy fix. Sure beats replacing the whole pump.