My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
bawinning

282 Repower

I have a 2002 Monterey 282 cruiser with 5.0 efi's 240hp ea and Aplha drives, Last fall I was plannig on doing hte risers nad manifolds as preventive maintenace. Luck would have it the last eek of the season last year I ingested Water in my Starboard Engine.

I have a 2002 Monterey 282 cruiser with 5.0 efi's 240hp ea and Aplha drives, Last fall I was plannig on doing hte risers nad manifolds as preventive maintenace. Luck would have it the last eek of the season last year I ingested Water in my Starboard Engine.

Hi there,

If repower is what you have in your mind just go for mercruiser engine if your boat ride in seawater go for 4.3 mpi seacore with Bravo III unit (please make me a favor don´t go for alpha sterndrive) or go for 5.0 mpi seacore engine or also you can install a 350 MAG seacore engine.

This 3 engines are very good for your boat. If you go for Volvo go for Ocean X engine (this is a brand new sea engine) i think monterey haven´t test it on any boat but it promise is best then seacore system(this i don´t buy it)

Or you can go for turbo diesel if this is your decision go for the new mercruiser turbo diesel´s engine with bravo XR sterndrive you will not believe what the performance off this engine is unbelived it really are very good and can run so good or better then gas engines

Please tell me what are you thinking so people here can help you out.

Ride with your heart

Marfi