My Monterey
marfi

Antifoouling tip

Hi Marfi,

I haven't used it but I have seen recently at a few boat shows.

From what I can determine, it is really just at infancy stage and a lot of unproven claims are made about it.

So far, I can't find any proper scientific data, tests, comparisons or large numbers of field tests.

Also, I find it strange that IF it does work, why haven't any of the big boat manufacturers started to accept the idea and start offering as options?

I will watch the situation for a while and see how it develops before I would part with any of my $$$$

My 330SY with Bravo3 legs must come out of the water once a year to service legs etc, so the cost effectiveness of ultrasonics vs. antifouling would be marginal (at least whilst ultrasonics are new and expensive)

If you do decide to fit, I would be interested to see the results over a 12 month period.

Regards

Ian

hi Ian,

Here we are talking again, i hope you see what i talk about fresh water system i go for the mercruiser system and change the ECM the engine is perfect know i´m going to change the toilet to electrical system so many changes i did in my boat can´t stop is like sunshine never get there, always far :lol: .

About this i make some research in the web you are right it´s not prove that it really work if so why the boats about 65 meters don´t use it ? i have another question if it work with fibregllass how can it work if you already have painted the boat with antifouling, and etc... and etc...

I´ll talk to these guys to see if they are interest in make a test in Portuguese sea waters 12 months is not the best choice for boat owners we all have $$$ invest in the maintence, cleaning etc... the price just would be good if it last about 24 months without take the boat out off water for cleanning i just put this here for us (monterey owners) start talking about this and if anyone buy it

Any way if they agree with me and let me take this to Portugal for a price that can be good enouth for test i tell you and we start to take pictures avery mounth to see how it protect the boat.

What i learn in Superior is that the frequenci that they say it works just go for a few algae not every one and how it go for fish? does it make my boat like a big antena? is my boat responsible for dolphin get lost? this is what i´m trying to learn if they just let me.

Let´s see what they response.

Ride with your heart

Marfi

Hi Marfi,

Please let me know if it works.

It is an interesting point about the different types of algae. I wonder if Australian algae are different again.

As for your boat being an antenna, watch out for those stealth submarines doing exercises in the Ntn Atlantic, Gibraltar Straits and Med ! - :lol:

Hello,

I installed the Ultrasonic Antifouling on my 415 SY beginning of April this year. After 4 months in Mediterranean Sea near Saint-Tropez where the Sea is between 24 and 27° Celsius in summer, the boat is really clean (including propellers).

I just have some algae (white and hard) on the flaps and on the plastic speed and temperature sensor connected to the RayMarine ST40. At sea, I was able to clean the sensor in less than 5 minutes.

Last year at the same time, with a Cranchi Zaffiro 34 boat, it was necessary to take out the boat to clean the Volvo D4 stern drives using acid.

I used a 12V system connected to a 3024iL Blue Sky Energy solar charger (http://www.blueskyenergyinc.com/) thru its controlled 12V output (an output which is automatically closed if the battery level is less than 11.6 V). The Solar Charger is connected to 3 solar panels I put on the hardtop. I use AGM batteries.

I put the system just between the two Volvo D6 engines. Maybe I will put it elsewhere because I do not know the thickness of the hull at this place. If some MOST people can give me the thickness of the hull at this place and near the depth transducer, it will help.

I hope this help.

Jerome

France

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your repply can you give us some pictures how you mounted that and how good really is the hull?

24-27º Celsius, only in my dreams best i have in Portugal in Algarve was 22-23º celsius and saint-tropez must be wonderful vacancies.

Ride with your heart

Marfi