My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
268s - Ron

268ss/sc Owners!!

Hi.. I own a 2002 - 268ss The speedo is reading low. I blew out the line to the pick-up, no change. I am wondering if I have the correct pick-up unit as it looks to have been replaced. I have the white plastic triangular arm type, and not the paddle wheel style. Is this the correct pick-up? The speedo reads 30mph and the GPS shows 52mph. If this is the correct pick-up could there be another issue?

Thanks for your help!

Hi.. I own a 2002 - 268ss The speedo is reading low. I blew out the line to the pick-up, no change. I am wondering if I have the correct pick-up unit as it looks to have been replaced. I have the white plastic triangular arm type, and not the paddle wheel style. Is this the correct pick-up? The speedo reads 30mph and the GPS shows 52mph. If this is the correct pick-up could there be another issue?

Thanks for your help!

Hi ron,

As you know i have a 278sc, with a 350Mag BravoIII unit, i´m going to my boat about the 8 off Agost for vacancies so, i cann´t give you the right answer, only after but i will see it, just a question did you see if there is any algae near the tube that comes from the sterndrive? is the tube in good condition? is it really tide up? if i´m right the speedmeter uses the sea water to give the correct mph so if the wires are in the right place it could be the tube from the sterndrive that have algae inside and don´t let the water flow as it should

Ride with your heart

Marfi

Hi ron,

As you know i have a 278sc, with a 350Mag BravoIII unit, i´m going to my boat about the 8 off Agost for vacancies so, i cann´t give you the right answer, only after but i will see it, just a question did you see if there is any algae near the tube that comes from the sterndrive? is the tube in good condition? is it really tide up? if i´m right the speedmeter uses the sea water to give the correct mph so if the wires are in the right place it could be the tube from the sterndrive that have algae inside and don´t let the water flow as it should

Ride with your heart

Marfi

Hi Marfi!

Thanks... I appreciate your help... I blew the the tube out from the speedo back to the transom with an air compressor. Everything seamed fine. Boat only has 50 hrs on it. I have the Volvo Penta 496 (8.1 GXi - 420hp) LOVE THE BOAT!!

QUOTE(marfi @ Jul 27 2009, 07:42 AM) Hi ron,

Ride with your heart

Marfi

Hi Marfi!

Thanks... I appreciate your help... I blew the the tube out from the speedo back to the transom with an air compressor. Everything seamed fine. Boat only has 50 hrs on it. I have the Volvo Penta 496 (8.1 GXi - 420hp) LOVE THE BOAT!!

Hi Ron,

Just return from vacancies, as i told you i take a look about your problem, funny is i had a problem when rechead the 50 hours, my rpm starts to get completly insane, in 10 knots give me 3000 rpm my GPS gives me 1500 ( yes i have the engine connect to my GPS, so i have all electronic info on my screen), i changed the oil, filtres, etc.... that is recomended by Mercruiser in the 50 hours and the rpm starts working just fine again, no one i know in the Mercruiser here is Touron, hear anything about this, since your engine is a chevreolet as the same as mine, i wonder what the hell is this?

When diving i look to all tubes in my sterndrive it all seems really good, so as i told you, maybe you have algae in your tubes, have you try too change that tube? are you still have this problem? i work a few years ago in Volvo if you won´t i can give them a call to see what came up.

Best Regards