My Monterey
snosptz

2000 Monterey 262 - Tachometer is goofy

My Tachometer is all of a sudden not accurate. The engine RPM is running fine, however i notice that the tach is inacurte, the needle kind of floats up higher than the motor RPM is acturally running. Is this a bad Tach or is there a ground wire that could be causing this.

This tach is in a 2002 Monerey 262 with a 5.7 Motor Mercruiser. The tach is a Faria Tach w/Hourmeter,

Help

My Tachometer is all of a sudden not accurate. The engine RPM is running fine, however i notice that the tach is inacurte, the needle kind of floats up higher than the motor RPM is acturally running. Is this a bad Tach or is there a ground wire that could be causing this.

This tach is in a 2002 Monerey 262 with a 5.7 Motor Mercruiser. The tach is a Faria Tach w/Hourmeter,

Help

I have a 2004 322 that does the same thing on both tachs. I have to tap on them to get them to read corectly. It's a real pain when trying to sinc the engines while running.

Gary B

I have a 2004 322 that does the same thing on both tachs. I have to tap on them to get them to read corectly. It's a real pain when trying to sinc the engines while running.

Gary B

our '99 262cr does the exact same thing. it floats up, and your ear knows that everything is fine and normal but your eyes think you are cruising at Wide Open Throttle!

our '99 262cr does the exact same thing. it floats up, and your ear knows that everything is fine and normal but your eyes think you are cruising at Wide Open Throttle!

My RPM did the same thing and it is funny, i saw that the oil level on hot it was too low. I put engine oil and guess what, it stopped doing that. I have a nortstar system connect to the engine so i have all info off smartcraft on the GPS and the RPM show 1200 RPM and the tachometer show 2200 RPM it had a 1000 RPM diferençe.

I can´t figure out why is the oil level conect to the RPM. First i thought that was a problem with the tacometer but the truth is i put oil in and it stopped doing that. I only had 45 h on the engine a 350 MAG Bravo III in a 278sc.

I found my problem. I took the tack out and found that one of the studs attached to the back of the Tach was loose. I tightened it and now it works fine.

I found my problem. I took the tack out and found that one of the studs attached to the back of the Tach was loose. I tightened it and now it works fine.

I have the same tach floating up too high problem. I tap on the face and it goes back down. I have seen this before on another boat I owned. I'll check conections for tightness, but I am not too optomistic that is where the problem is. Russ - 2005 270CR