My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
ErikS

Ticking Noise - 350 mag - Corsa Q&C exhaust?

2003 298 SS w/350 Mags and Corsa Q&C exhaust package. Noisy ticking coming from port side of port engine. I can't tell if it's coming from the Corsa Q&C exhaust or from a sticky valve. I've talked to a number of people who say it's "just part of the Corsa Q&C exhaust"...."it's great to be able to switch from quiet to loud/power, but...you'll always have a tick". well, my tick is pretty loud, and it's only on the port side. It sounds like it's coming from the Corsa exhaust diverter, but the noise is present whether the exhaust is thru the hull (loud) or thru the prop (quiet). Any suggestions? I called corsa and they said if it's coming from the "tips"...I'll need to remove the tip and send it to them. that sounds like a big, pain in the neck job. I could really use some help here! Thanks!

I had the same issue with the stock merc quick and quiet.. thought it was the valves at first, then learned it was the diverters.. the ones I had from merc had a rubber sleeve mounted on the outer edges of the butterfly on the inside of the diverter. When the rubber burns up or wears out, then the ticking begins... only way to repair is to pull the diverter off. That was my experience, the corsa may be setup differently... to remove, just had to pull the riser portion only(sits on top of the exhaust manifold)of the exahaust manifold off to make room for backing off the flexible exhaust hose components... really pretty easy job...