My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
makin-memories

MOST - help with a 2005 Monterey 302-CR

Our 302-CR was broken into and vandalized last Friday night.

The factory installed "clamping" style door lock with key was all but useless.

1) That broken lockset/key now needs to be replaced. Can you provide a manufacturer/part number.

Ours is rectangular, and aluminum with black finger grip area.

2) Can you please let me know if anyone makes a good/secure DEAD BOLT or something similar

that can be insttalled in this application. I'd like to make it harder to be victimized again.

3) See photos below.

post-129-12547989330129_thumb.jpg

post-129-12547989431434_thumb.jpg

Hey there Makin-memories,

It is terrible that your boat was vandalized. Some people have no respect for others- or themselves!

As for your Mobella lock, the part number is 7422S-FLUSH-C ALUMINUM and can be purchased at mobella.com. It is the standard type used in the marine industry and has been in use for many years. The vandals have probably done the same thing to other boats as well and knew exactly where to "jimmy" it. With a deadbolt that uses screws they might/will damage the fiberglass on your C-way door by prying it off.

We do not offer alarm systems as an option here at the factory. However, there are many available on the market that have monitoring devices to let you know (via texting, etc.) when a door is opened, the boat is started or moved and some are sensitive enough to detect movement if the boat is boarded. First, do an internet search for "Boat Alarms" and do some research on which type you need and how much you want to spend. I googled it and came up with 1,580,000 different listings.

Please let us know the outcome.