My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Questions for MOST

Hi,

I am due to slip my 330SY for antifoul etc. and I have 2 questions

1. The owner's manual suggests a "barrier coat" of Interlux Interprotect be applied to the hull before the anti-foul.

Is this something I need to do EVERY time I repaint the anti-foul?

2. The company doing the anti-foul have suggested to have the "topsides" (between waterline and gunnels)

a. They have suggested an 'acid wash'. Does Monterey recommend this? Are there any warranty implications?

b. For the actual polishing, what products do Monterey recommend?

Thanks

Hello Ian,

1. The owner's manual suggests a "barrier coat" of Interlux Interprotect be applied to the hull before the anti-foul.

Is this something I need to do EVERY time I repaint the anti-foul? - No, the barrier coat is a one time process unless damaged by scraping the bottom, beaching on rough shells, heavily scratched, etc.

2. The company doing the anti-foul have suggested to have the "topsides" (between waterline and gunnels)- I think you mean the chines instead of gunnels...? Is the boat stained or discolored waterline to the deck and they are talking about an acid wash?

a. They have suggested an 'acid wash'. Does Monterey recommend this? Are there any warranty implications?- This is okay and it makes removing sea growth easier. However, if acid washed it MUST be rinsed thoroughly with fresh water and rubbed to remove all of the acid residue.

b. For the actual polishing, what products do Monterey recommend?- 3M products have UV inhibitors and we hear alot of good feedback from boat owners.