My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
garybeez

5Kw Kohler Genset

Hi Everyone:

The "input" fuse keeps blowing evertime I try and start the genset. I disconnected the electric choke to make sure that wasn't the problem. Then I was told by the local shop to disconnect the voltgage regulator. It would stay running as long as you held the start button in with that disconnected and it wouldn't blow the fuse. Do you think its a safe bet to replace the voltgage regulator @ $200.00 bucks. I only have 10 hours on it.

thanks for your help.

Gary

Garybeez@aol.com

Hello Gary,

If your "local shop" is an authorized Kohler generator service center, their trained technician would be the best source of help.

If they are not Kohler generator certified I would contact someone who is. The main phone number is 800-544-2444 or on line at kohlerpower.com to find the closest one to you.

I did cotact my local Kohler dealer... This is what happened. Because I don't use the generator the fuel pump piston gummed up from the stale gas. This shorted the relay on the circuit board which also shorted the voltgage regulator. New fuel pump, Circuit board, voltgage regulator & 2 hours srevice call = $700.00 Leson learned... Use your generator at least once per week. It even says to do this in the manual.