My Monterey
Monterey1254

Television Outlets

I recently aquired a 1996 276 CR. On the switch panels there is a switch for the television on the A/C 110V panel and a television switch on the 12V switch panel. I have looked everywhere and cannot locate a plug for either in the cabin. Is there a hidden plug or are the switches there but not connected to anything? Thanks in advance for any help.

A television was not an option on the 1996 276 Cruiser. The main panel had an opening for the television breaker in case the dealer (or retail owner) wanted to add one later. Someone may have done that on your boat as a retro install- can you contact the previous owner?

The boat was shipped without any breaker, switch or wiring from the factory.

I have the same question, but mine is a 1998 276. I have been in the panel and seen the wiring for the TV, it is labeled so. Where does the wire terminate in the cabin?

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks for allowing me to join this community. I purchased my second boat, this one a 1995 Monterey 276 and I want to add a television as well. I’m assuming the wiring should be fairly simple to do from the breaker box that is labeled “television”. If anyone has any experience doing so, I’d love to have any tips or advice. 

Also, I wanted to mount the television on the rounded wall on the starboard side that is the closet before you get to the bathroom. Any advice on mounting a light weight television on a mount there? There’s no studs obviously, so I’m a little nervous about testing the strength.