My Monterey
bunndc

Fuel Flow meters

Hello all,

I am considering a fuel flow meter for my 2006 322 CR with twin volvo penta 5.7 (http://www.floscan.com/html/blue/seriesdetail.php?sid=14) and have a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone installed this or a similar fuel flow meter and found it useful?

2. Reading the specifications of this particular meter it mentions the folowing: "Please confirm whether your outboard engine listed above has one or two fuel pumps (low and high pressure pump). Earlier versions of these engines typically have a single fuel pump where a FloScan system can be used. "

are there two fuel pumps on the volvo penta 5.7 engines?

thanks for any insight provided. Happy New year!!

David

Hello all,

I am considering a fuel flow meter for my 2006 322 CR with twin volvo penta 5.7 (http://www.floscan.com/html/blue/seriesdetail.php?sid=14) and have a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone installed this or a similar fuel flow meter and found it useful?

2. Reading the specifications of this particular meter it mentions the folowing: "Please confirm whether your outboard engine listed above has one or two fuel pumps (low and high pressure pump). Earlier versions of these engines typically have a single fuel pump where a FloScan system can be used. "

are there two fuel pumps on the volvo penta 5.7 engines?

thanks for any insight provided. Happy New year!!

David

Can't answer #1 but as far as question #2 goes, the note on the specification page is specific to outboard motors. It does not apply to your set up.

Good luck....if you do install them, please let us know how you make out. Been considering it myself for a while.

Dan

Update:

After reading through the engine manuals, I have found there are two fuelpumps on the 5.7 osi-d engines. Still wondering if anyone has a fuel flow meter on their boats and if they would recommend the install.

How about trim tab LED lights? That is, LED lights that mount on bennett trim tabs that allow for aiming the lights as well as no additional holes to drill through the hull.