My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
bunkworth

new access door

I am installing a new swimplatform on my 1997 276 this spring. I woulk like to take advantage of the storage space behind the stern bench seat for my bumpers etc. I would like to install a access door on the back side of my boat that could be used from my new swim platform. The color of my hull is "pearl white" I have been told, which to me is a off white leaning toward very light tan (lay persons terms for color). The question is where do I find the color matched door to buy and install that would accomodate 10" bumpers? Thanks for the help.

Hello Bunkworth,

Good idea to increase storage on your 276!

You will have to have a custom door fabricated. The original gel color is non longer available from the factory. You can purchase gelcoat "kits" from Mini-Craft, www.minicraft.com (800-282-8244) or Spectrum Color, www.spectrumcolor.com (800-754-5516). You will need your hull identification number when you contact them to obtain the correct match.

There is also the option of ABS, Starboard or poly/plastic products (easy to cut and sand edges smooth)to make a door to fit.