My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
cibolariverman

263 Ex anchor

Having a hard time finding an anchor that fits in the bow hole for my 2007 263 ex. The FX7 is 19" wide and the reccomended size, however, the hole is only about 15' wide and not deep enough.

What was the anchor that came with this boat new, I just picked this up 40 hours used.....

Any thoughts????

Hello Cibola Riverman,

In 2007, the anchor was not a Monterey factory supplied item for the 263 Explorer. You might have to try a couple of different types to find a good fit.

The Delta Fastset #14 (part #0057406) might be a good alternative, depending on the type of river bottom and strength of current that you have.

I hope this helps...

Hello Cibola Riverman,

In 2007, the anchor was not a Monterey factory supplied item for the 263 Explorer. You might have to try a couple of different types to find a good fit.

The Delta Fastset #14 (part #0057406) might be a good alternative, depending on the type of river bottom and strength of current that you have.

I hope this helps...

Most, thanks for the advise, I gave up on stowing an anchor, nothing of good size would fit, at least that would hold me. Still searching for a good holding one for the sand, not good results this last trip to lake powell, will keep you posted.

On a new topic, I really wish i had ordered/purchased the boat with the ski tower. Can you tell me where Monterey had this made, purhaps a part number and contact info too? Additionally, where should I have it installed, there are no local Monterey dealers by me in Huntington Beach, California. Please advise.

Most, thanks for the advise, I gave up on stowing an anchor, nothing of good size would fit, at least that would hold me. Still searching for a good holding one for the sand, not good results this last trip to lake powell, will keep you posted.

On a new topic, I really wish i had ordered/purchased the boat with the ski tower. Can you tell me where Monterey had this made, purhaps a part number and contact info too? Additionally, where should I have it installed, there are no local Monterey dealers by me in Huntington Beach, California. Please advise.

I have a 2005 263 ex, my solution was to use a greenfield coated fluke anchor with some modificatios. I had to cut off a little off each of the ears. The chain I am using is10 feet of 3/8 galvanized chain with a heat shrink tube over it to protect my boat. I also use an 18 lb coated river anchor with a 25 foot rope on it. I use the river anchor for a quick and easy anchoring solution, control of movement of the rear of the boat, and will tie it to my other anchor and release it first, for the most challenging situations.