My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
gfick1

Swim platform

Hello gfick1,

Unfortunately, the molds and diagrams for the 242 Cruiser extended swim platform were destroyed in a fire in August of 1999. There are several aftermarket companies that manufacture that option and a great place to start your research is at www.swimplatforms.com. We have had positive feedback from other Monterey owners who have purchased products from them. You can also "Google" the words swim platform for other companies as well.

Gflick 1,

I just added the Swimplatform from swimplatforms.com to my 1999 242cr myself. What a difference. It fit great and is a great addition to the boat. And also is very solid. In fact I even unintentionally stress tested it on a peer piling while docking in some stiff winds and the platform never moved or showed signs of the bump. It just held tight like it was a solid piece of the boat. I was worried at first because it was ordered online but now I am very confident of the construction. A+++ in my book. Plus it looks great and has a a good tread surface that is easy to clean.

FYREGUY