My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
CSea

Faria Guages - Lights VERY dim

All-

I recently purchased a 2002 322 Monterey with less then 70 hours on it. Everything runs great and I love the boat. However, the faria guages are VERY dim lit at night. You barely can read the guages, if at all while running at night. Does anyone have any suggestions? I understand the faria guages have a lifetime warranty? If in fact they are the guages themselves? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello CSea,

It is unlikely that the gauges are the problem. It is rare that all of them would have the same issue at the same time- it sounds like a wire may have come loose or possible low voltage coming into the helm (are your batteries good?). Does the light vary in strength or stay the same? Using the white access panel below the helm, check the wiring harness connections and if possible, use a voltmeter to test the flow.

It would be a good idea to have a marine certified electrician check things out for you if you are unsure of your technical skills- do not guess at any wiring. Often, aftermarket accessories are added such as VHF radio, GPS, fishfinders, etc. and they are wired or grounded incorrectly and can cause a draw on the power flowing into the intsrument cluster. A certified electrician will be able to determine that evrything is properly hooked up.

Phone number to Faria gauges for warranty and tech help is 800-473-2742 web is www.faria-instruments.com. The gauges do have a "Lifetime Limited" warranty.

Hope this helps!

I took the risk to change nearly all Faria gauges with new ones.No comparism,the new ones are bright and readable at night.And Yes old gauges are VERY dim.