My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
SeaHope

Simple question re rear inspection hatches

Hi,

I have noticed two plastic bottles mounted half way down both my Yanmar 4LHA engines. I think that these are the lube oil reservoirs for the Mercruiser Bravo 3 outdrives?

I have also found in the eternal rear transom cabinet two circular inspection holes within which I can see two yellow oil top-ups. I am wondering what these are for as I can't find a dip-stick and I'm fairly sure that these are not the main engine oil fill-up points and if the legs are topped up by the reservoir I'm wondering what these are?

My boat is a Monterey 282 2005 model.

have noticed two plastic bottles mounted half way down both my Yanmar 4LHA engines. I think that these are the lube oil reservoirs for the Mercruiser Bravo 3 outdrives?

Yes, those are for the drive lube on the BIII's.

I have also found in the eternal rear transom cabinet two circular inspection holes within which I can see two yellow oil top-ups. I am wondering what these are for as I can't find a dip-stick and I'm fairly sure that these are not the main engine oil fill-up points and if the legs are topped up by the reservoir I'm wondering what these are?

Not sure what you mean here. Our 2005 282 does not have diesel engines, and we have nothing

like that on ours. Possible trim tab reservoir ???