My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Kreg

Microwave

Need some help... I have a 2003 322CR and the microwave installed says its an "Origo" brand. I am guessing that it is made by Tappan but I am not sure. I recently tried to simply pop some pop corn and got nothing... just warm seeds. The microwave does "heat" and I have verified that its power setting is at 10. At the time of this testing, I was using shore power.

So here is the question. How many watts of power is the microwave? How many watts does it take to make popcorn? Is it a result of the micorwave going bad or was it simply not designed for this type of use? How do you get it out of there. Are there screws that need to be removed from the bread cabinet below?

LOLO......... Anyway, I realize this is not a cool question like setting up your trim tabs and hooking up a new bait tank but hope someone will help me out of sheer pitty.... lol...

Thanks in advance....

Kreg.

Here is something interesting to see how well your microwave is performing

http://www.davesrepair.com/DIYhelp/DIYmwwattagetest.htm

Be careful if heating water by itself

http://www.snopes.com/science/microwave.asp

best idea seems to be to leave a wooden popsicle stick or coffee stirrer in the container whilst heating

Sorry, I can't help with any of your other questions

Ian

Hello Kreg,

The microwave in your 2003 Monterey 322 is attached to a base that is screwed into the top of the bread cabinet. If you open the door to the microwave, right at that bottom edge you will see the heads of two screws going down into the cabinet below- those are what are holding it in place. If it does not easily slide out, check inside the top of bread cabinet way at the back to see if there is a third screw (some installers used two, some installers used three screws)going up into the cabinet and microwave base.

Your microwave was an Origo model #3252G and was distributed by InterCon (941-355-4488 in Florida).

Microwaves have improved since 2003- and so has popcorn. Wattage requirements vary, depending on the brand of popcorn. You do not have to use the same brand of microwave and many boat owners purchase the smaller size ones at Wal-Mart or other home supply stores.

Hope this helps!