My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
skipper h

Guages

I have owned a Monterey 242 since new in 1998, the speedometer goes to 80 MPH, ha ha what a waste. I want to take it out and replace it with a 50 MPH, because the boat has only seen 80 mph once and that was on the trailer in Utah where the speed limit is 80. (not really). The best I've ever got was 45 on salt water. I was wondering what the manufacturer brand of guage and series it has. I've taken it out and theres no name on it, only some numbers which are 30511 and under that is 274-97-2. All the guages are red iluminated and I haven't been able to find a 50 MPH to match.

The speedometer is a Faria product and the part number will be one of the 2 numbers found on the gauge. The phone number to Faria is 800-743-2742 (ET).

The 242 is a "Cruiser", built for comfort...

The speedometer is a Faria product and the part number will be one of the 2 numbers found on the gauge. The phone number to Faria is 800-743-2742 (ET).

The 242 is a "Cruiser", built for comfort...

Thanks for the info. however after doing a research on the part number I have discovered it is a Teleflex Prism Series. They did manufacture a 50 MPH speedometer in that series but I have been unable to locate one.

Thanks for the info. however after doing a research on the part number I have discovered it is a Teleflex Prism Series. They did manufacture a 50 MPH speedometer in that series but I have been unable to locate one.

well i was able to locate a 50 mph speedo. Ebay,

what a wonderful thing