My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Armond

Tilt Motor Not Working - 2007 234FS

Hi All, I'm a newbie to boating but I do have a good idea about working on cars. I bought a 2007 234fs last spring and enjoyed a great summer on it. The outdrive tilt is not working. I was told it could be the switch in the throttle or it could be a solenoid. I figured it would be easiest to start at the solenoid to see if the motor is getting power. Can anyone direct me to the location of the solenoid, any suggestions, has this been a common problem for this model year? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Well since this last post I've learned a few things. I found the solenoid and I have isolated the problem to the pump cover housing or possibly one of the hydraulic hoses. I also learned that this is a design flaw with Volvo Penta. Unfortunately the part alone is a little over $500.00, which is redesigned part I guess they figured out the original design didn't work!! I've contacted Volvo Penta consumer affairs with no luck. They don't acknowledge this as a design flaw, a hydraulic fluid reservoir mounted on the outside of the boat submerged in water? Any how are there any easy fix suggestions out there other than buying the replacement part. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.