My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
murray13

Starting a carburated 5.7 mercruiser

I have a 2005 214FS and I am looking for the proper starting technique for my carburated 5.7 Mercruiser. I have tried many different methods with different throttle positions but nothing seems to work. What usually works is letting it turn over until it beeps, as soon as it beeps it starts right up. It seems to me that this extended cranking would be bad for the starter? I can't find any help in the manual, Can anyone explain the beep, and the immediate start up after the beep? Thanks for any help, mike

I have a 2005 214FS and I am looking for the proper starting technique for my carburated 5.7 Mercruiser. I have tried many different methods with different throttle positions but nothing seems to work. What usually works is letting it turn over until it beeps, as soon as it beeps it starts right up. It seems to me that this extended cranking would be bad for the starter? I can't find any help in the manual, Can anyone explain the beep, and the immediate start up after the beep? Thanks for any help, mike

Hi,

Are you talking about a beep when you turn the key to on? i had a yamaha 5.7 all i need to do is open the air ( if you do not know how you open the air ask to a mercury dealer) give it a few seconds to pull gasoline into the carburated and then turn the key.

I don´t think this helps but in a mpi Mercury engine you turn the key to on and a beep cames along after the beep just turn the key on, but those type off engines are not carburated are injection.

Try out the Mercury site they are your best choice.

Best Regards

Marfi