My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
mont214FS

2007 214FS dual battery set up

I have installed a second battery along with a battery isolator and seloctor switch. I have included a diagram as to how it is hooked up. My problem is that everything works fine with this set up except for the trim. It seems to be parralled with the alternator cable and for some reason is not "flowing" through the isolator to the batteries therefore not suppling electricity to the trim pump. Is is possible to connect the trim pump directly to the battery 1 (the cranking battery) or is it possible to run the aternator cable to the isolator and to battery one? I know this somewhat defeats the purpose of the sector switch but I want both batteries to charge independlty and stay seperated so that I do not have a reverse discharge. Battery4.jpg

Hi

I am assuming you are talking about "drive leg trim"

The power supply for this comes from the engine wiring harness - it shouldn't have a separate supply wire back to the battery.

If everything else is working correctly you have probably knocked a connector loose. So I'd try there first.

Secondly somewhere in the engine wiring harness there should be a fuse (or similar) for the trim pump. Check your engine manual for the location. Depending on the engine type it could be in a fuse box attached to the engine or an "in-line" type in the harness itself.

Hope it helps