My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
jcwads

Water in Bilge

Hi All

I own a 275CR and it is out the water for winter ashore. I spent a good half day in November cleaning out, scrubbing and drying my engine bilge until it was squeaky clean and shining and bone dry.

I was down at the boat yesterday and did a quick engine bay inspection. There is a good 2 / 3 inches of water in the bilge!!

I've stored her with the tonneau cover tightly on, so I have zero idea how water has ingressed or collected in there?

The boat is winterised with the holding tank and fresh water tank drained, so can't be that.

So it's either condensation (cold here in the U.K.) or water runs in from somewhere else?

Any ideas?

Not sure how water is entering. One possibility is that the Tonneau cover does not fit well along the arch. I had this issue with both my 270 and 290 CR. It was no match for wind and rain let alone snow. Shrink wrapping is standard for winterizing here in Canada. That said, the drain plug should be removed during winterization. This reduces the likelihood of water buildup and is critical should you get freezing temps.post-128-0-05931700-1487822950_thumb.jpg