My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
oumills

298 SC

Hello all. Great looking site. I'm looking at a 298 SC. I think it might be a great boat, but not completely sold on it yet.

I would love to hear from any of you that own one. I'm curious if you can realistically overnight in it? Any problems you've had? Is there anything you would have like to have know before you bought it? Any info would be EXTREMELY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hello all. Great looking site. I'm looking at a 298 SC. I think it might be a great boat, but not completely sold on it yet.

I would love to hear from any of you that own one. I'm curious if you can realistically overnight in it? Any problems you've had? Is there anything you would have like to have know before you bought it? Any info would be EXTREMELY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I have the 298 SC and love it - The first year we bought it we spent probably 8 nights in it, never more than one at a time. Its a great boat that suits our needs - I wanted speed, the wife wanted more of the creature comforts. We have two kids 3 and 8 and it works out well. The thing I don't care much for is the fact that when its sleeping time we have to convert the v berth to the sleeping area. I normally end up in the mid berth by myself while the two kids and wife enjoy the v berth. A perfect setup would be something with a seperate dinette - like in the cruiser family, the problem is that I don't think I am willing to sacrifice the speed.......

SHEP

I have the 298 SC and love it - The first year we bought it we spent probably 8 nights in it, never more than one at a time. Its a great boat that suits our needs - I wanted speed, the wife wanted more of the creature comforts. We have two kids 3 and 8 and it works out well. The thing I don't care much for is the fact that when its sleeping time we have to convert the v berth to the sleeping area. I normally end up in the mid berth by myself while the two kids and wife enjoy the v berth. A perfect setup would be something with a seperate dinette - like in the cruiser family, the problem is that I don't think I am willing to sacrifice the speed.......

SHEP

SHEP, that's great information I appreciate it. I'm stepping up from a Sea Ray Sundeck and my wife and I loved it, but now we're expecting our first child. We both enjoy the water, but realize that in order to stay on the water, we will need something w/ air/heat and place for the little one to rest. I liked this boat because we're not ready to step up to a cruiser and not sure that we need an express cruiser just yet.

Hi,

Few questions about the 298SC. First, is there a table that you can fit in the cockpit probably in front of the rear seating area. Second, The driver seat seams to be a back to back seat. Does it slide open into a sun lounge seat? Last one. If you get the camping canvas, can you still use the rear sun pad as kind of a bed? I think the 298 SC is one on the best compromise between cruiser and sport boat. These are my 3 last inquiries before i go for one. Probably Volvo's 5.7 + gen + A/C.

Thanks for the replies,

Frank

Hi,

Few questions about the 298SC. First, is there a table that you can fit in the cockpit probably in front of the rear seating area. Second, The driver seat seams to be a back to back seat. Does it slide open into a sun lounge seat? Last one. If you get the camping canvas, can you still use the rear sun pad as kind of a bed? I think the 298 SC is one on the best compromise between cruiser and sport boat. These are my 3 last inquiries before i go for one. Probably Volvo's 5.7 + gen + A/C.

Thanks for the replies,

Frank

First let me say that for an expecting (their first) couple - this is the boat to buy. The mid Berth will be perfect for the little one while you and your wife enjoy the V-berth (plenty of room unless you are 6'5" or more.....

There is no table in the cockpit - its funny you ask as my wife has asked me to add one. I think its easily possible.

The drivers seat folds out to a huge lounger.

I do not have the rear camping canvass, but from what I have been told it makes sitting on the rear bench uncomfortable as you have to duck with the angle of the canvas to the boat.

Love the boat, you will too!

First let me say that for an expecting (their first) couple - this is the boat to buy. The mid Berth will be perfect for the little one while you and your wife enjoy the V-berth (plenty of room unless you are 6'5" or more.....

There is no table in the cockpit - its funny you ask as my wife has asked me to add one. I think its easily possible.

The drivers seat folds out to a huge lounger.

I do not have the rear camping canvass, but from what I have been told it makes sitting on the rear bench uncomfortable as you have to duck with the angle of the canvas to the boat.

Love the boat, you will too!

Happy to report that we close this week. We went for a ride in it and loved it. If all goes well, we'll take our first cruise in it this weekend!!!!!!