My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
calmond

Watermaker on your Monterey

I am starting to very seriously look at getting a watermaker for my boat. I have done the Bahamas, FL keys, lake Okeechobee and their locks, but it is time for something more challenging. I am going to take my boat to the Dry Tortugas and visit Fort Jefferson. If it were just me this would be a simple task of piloting my boat to Key West and heading West out into the Gulf but I have a wife and children and they need water (I would just drink beer and forgo the showers... Grin). Or to be a bit more blunt they need lots of water. So my question is this have you considered or bought a watermaker for your Monterey and if so which one did you get and why?

I have looked at a number of both 120v option and 12 volt options and at the moment I am leaning towards the Katadyn PowerSurvivor 160E/12 V as it seems to have the least number of moving parts, I think I have figured out how to shoe horn it onto my boat, and it still produces ~ 7 gallons an hour while using only 18amps.

What have you looked at or bought and why? ThanX!

Never considered something like that, I would just fill some milk jugs with fresh water before you leave port and save your money for gas.